Saute Onions – Whole Red Chilly – Translucent – Add Tomatoes – Chilli powder – Turmeric – Cook till soft
Add Pumpkin – Stir – Cooked Beans – ¼ cup water – Cook 10 mnts
Garnish – Greated coconut – salt to taste – cook 2 to 3 minutes – Done – Enjoy
500 gms Red pumpkin
½ cup Alsande / Black eyed peas
2 medium onions chopped
1 Tomato chopped
3-4 chillies finely chopped
5 tablespoon freshly grated coconut
Oil as required
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
¼ teaspoon chilli powder
Water as required
Salt to taste.
1. Wash the pumpkin.
2. Remove the skin and cut into cubes.
3. Soak the Black eyed peas for 4 hrs.
4. Cook the peas in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles.
1. Add oil to a kadai / pot and sauté the onions till they turn translucent.
2. Now add chilies and tomatoes. Cook till the tomatoes become soft.
3. Add turmeric and chill powder and set the gas of low flame.
4. Now add the red pumpkin and stir well.
5. After a min add the boiled black eyed peas and stir.
6. Add ¼ cup of water and put the…
View original post 59 more words